Monday, December 17, 2007

Smock hat

It's been almost a year since I knitted a hat for Maja, so when I saw this hat on Bente B's blog I just had to make her one. And knowing me.... I can't wait till tomorrow before I start, so I had a rummage through my wool stash to find something to knit with. My stash is really small at the moment, mostly small balls of sock wool, leftovers that my MIL sent me. But I found some mohairish yarn. I knew it wouldn't be enough of the main colour, so I have mixed and matched different thicknesses and needlesizes to get enough for a whole hat. It didn't turn out too bad. Maja loves it, and that's the main thing. She even has the hat on when she goes to bed at night.....

The hat is supposed to have some of the vertical rows pulled together and decorated with beads but Maja was so eager to start using it, that she didn't want any beads on it. I said she could start using her hat without the beads and I could put them on later, but I don't think she wants any beads on. That's what she says anyway. I might try and talk her into me putting on a few...... we'll see.

No comments: