Sunday, December 21, 2008
Here are a couple of pictures of the girls and my mum decorating gingerbread a couple of weeks back....
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Ok, here goes.....
1. We don't have a television. The plan is to buy one, but now we've gotten so used to not having one that there's no rush to get one. When we first moved to Scotland, 9 years ago, we lived without a telly for over two years before we got one.... so this is not a new thing for me. We do have a projector though... so we can watch dvds straight on the wall... which is almost like having a cinema in your own livingroom.... (here you can see the projector in the bottom of the picture.... and the film is on the wall...)
2. I love coffee... mmmm.... I wish my espresso machine would work properly again... I drink my coffe black.... which made most people in Scotland look at me with a very strange look... "are you sure you don't want just a little bit of milk and sugar in it??" Oh... and I loooove cake with my coffee (or without). 3. I've only ever had one boyfriend... he is now my husband. We've been married for 9 1/2 years and we were together for 10 years before we got married! Does that make me sound really old...?? (Photograph by Fotograf Dvergsnes, Kristiansand. You'll have to excuse the bad scan... the photo is not like that in real life) 4. I'm allergic to cats...
5. When we lived in Inverness, Scotland, I used to work in a Fun Factory in a restaurant... This was a kind of indoor play ground where children could play while their parents were having a meal in the restaurant. We also did children's birthday parties, face painting and I was the balloon model expert (you know, making balloon animals and things with those looong balloons)... I worked there for several years even though I had to wear this to work.... (photo: Ramon Stoppelenburg) The uniform was very comfy though... I used to cycle to work wearing this, and sometimes I would go shopping after work wearing this... People would look at me... or rather stare at me, and I didn't understand why... until I realized what I was wearing...
6. I used to play the flute. I played for 19 years, but I haven't playd it the last 9... maybe I should take it up again?? The first 15 years I played in Tveit Musikkorps ,TM (later Tveit Union Musikkorps, TUM). This was a really fun band to play in. I especially enjoyed the Tattoos. I played the piccolo flute when we were doing Tattoos or when we were out marching and the long flute for concerts... I had to stop playing with them when I moved to Oslo.... where I joined Stabekk Janitsjarorkester. I completely stopped playing when we moved to Scotland.
I thought I'd show you a really old photo of me marching with TM... I'm the little one on the left and the photo is from 1986 (don't know who took it... I found it on TUM's homepage)
7. Last one... phew... (this was harder than I thought it would be).... I used to be quite sporty in my younger days... I used to participate in slalom competitions... I've done rock climbing and I've tried diving... I don't do any of these anymore... why? Hmmm.... I don't really know... I enjoyed doing all of them... maybe having small children has anything to do with it...?
I want to give this challenge to: Linda, Anne Marie, Ruth, Sipusa, Emily, Lappequri og mamma.
I've got a couple of things from Tofo as well... first this awardThere's a text with this award as well
"The blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearnessin space, time and realationship! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prices or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prices are cut,even more friendship are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eightmore and include this cleverly written text into the body of their awards."
"Denne bloggen investerer i og tror på NÆRHET- nærhet i rom, tid og forhold!"Disse bloggerne er usedvanlig sjarmerende og søte, og formålet er å finne og å være venner.De er ikke opptatt av utmerkelser og selvhevdelse.Vårt håp er at når båndene på disse utmerkelser er kuttet, vil enda flere vennskap ha forplantet seg. Vær vennlig å gi litt ekstra oppmerksomhet til disse!
I'm supposed to give this to eight people, but it's past my bedtime already, and I can't decide to whom I want to give it... so I'll give it to all of my "followers".
Tofo also sent me another award/challenge...
I have to write about 5 things I can't live without...
1. My sewing machine, knitting needles, crochet hooks, stamps and all my other craft stuff.
3. I guess I can't say my family since it had to be things... so I'll say my camera because I love taking photos of my girls.
5. My alarm clock. I would never get out of bed in the morning if it didn't wake me up... with that said... I just remembered that my alarm clock actually is broken... so I don't have one at the moment... I have to use hubby's clock or my mobile...
Thanks for the challenges and awards. I appreciate it!
Monday, December 01, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
(say no more ;-) )!!
I got these two from Anne Marie... waaayyy back in July... I'm so sorry, Anne Marie, that I haven't blogged them before... I got them in the middle of moving house and not having access to a computer every day... so they kind of got put aside for a while...
Thanks again. I guess I'm supposed to send these on...?? But it's so hard for me to choose just a few to give them to, and a lot of you already have these, so I'll give them to all of you that follow my blog. You all deserve them.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Anyway, after keeping you waiting for so long, I thought I would keep you waiting for a wee while longer... cruel, I know... but I just wanted to show you the hand pieced/ paper pieced star all finished. I ended up making a coaster... as I suggested in my other post. I used two layers from an old flannel nighie after Susie as batting, so it's nice and thick.
I wouldn't look too closely at my quilting... It's awful... it almost looks like the basting is still in... but, hey, it was my first time hand quilting... But then again, the coaster goes quite well with my favourite mug colourwise, don't you think?
Ok, so over to the draw! Here Maja is helping me cut all the entries into separate strips. (Isn't her nightdress cute?? I just love that cow pattern...)
Tonje, these are beautiful prizes. I'm sure you made the adorable slippers! Congratulations on your 100th post. It is a lot to keep up with especially when you are moving all about!thanks always for visiting me and leaving such lovely comments. :-)
07 November, 2008 11:50
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Today we had a really lazy morning. It was cold outside, but we'd lit the fireplace, and while the girls were snuggling on the sofa watching a DVD and being quiet for once (this photo isn't from today, but this is what they looked like. Today's photo was too blurred... I was probably too tired to focus...)...
...I was trying my hand on hand piecing for the first time. Is that what it's called when you tack a piece of fabric around a piece of paper and sew it together by hand...?? This is something I've never done before, it was quite relaxing although a bit repetitive.
Here is the star I pieced, tacking on and everything. I'm quite amazed that the colours are so true in this photo ... I always have a hard time catching the colours correctly. Finished with the piecing. The tacking/basting is out and it's ironed. I'm not really impressed whit my stitching... maybe I should have matched the thread better with the colours?? Or maybe I shouldn't have watched Tintin with the girls at the same time as I was stitching...Well, this was just for fun, just to try it out and see if I liked it, so it doesn't really matter. I'm thinking maybe I would try to hand quilt this as well. That's another thing I've never done before.
The star is quite small, so I guess I'll have a (nice) coaster for my morning coffee when this is finished.
This afternoon I started a new knitting project as well. I guess this was the day for starting new things... I just totally fell for this neck warmer when I saw it. So that's what I'm knitting. I'm not using the same yarn as in the pattern... I'm going a bit cheaper with "Oda" from Trysilgarn (colour 209 if anyone is interested. The colour in the photo isn't quite right though).
The pattern seemed pretty straight forward to start with... only two rows to repeat. That was until I started knitting... It was a bit hard to wrap my head around what the pattern really said, and how to do it practically. But after a couple of (four, five) trials and errors, casting on, ripping it off, casting on... etc... I finally got it. This isn't really a quick knit... well, not for me anyway, even though I use needles 8mm... but, hopefully, I'll have a new neck warmer in a few days... that is if I don't start a new project in between...
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Anyway... I'd like to celebrate this "milestone" with a little giveaway. I really appreciate all of your comments, questions and support, and I'm happy that you take time to visit me. I think you all deserve a present... but, that would probably ruin me... so one lucky(??) reader will get a little something from me. I've put together a little "winter care packet" (handmade by me) consisting of:
One pair of pocket slippers. To keep your feet warm so you (hopefully) avoid the sniffles. These are really stretchy, so they'll fit most people.
If the slippers can't hold the sniffles away, I've added a travel tissue holder (with tissues)... so at least you can have the sniffles with a bit more style... hmmm....I've also added a couple of small fabric hearts on a string to cheer you up. Hang them on a peg on your wall, on your christmas tree, or as I do, on a couple of candles...(or chuck them in a drawer so you don't have to see them...)
All you have to do to be in the drawing for these things, is to leave me a comment on this post. I would love to hear from everybody... the lurkers as well. I think it is so much fun seeing who visits my blog, and to go visit their blog back. You have until midnight next monday (10th November 08). I will do the draw next tuesday. Make sure I have a way of contacting you in case you win.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. Hvilken mat eter du ofte?
Ofte? Hva menes med ofte? Jeg spiser jo brød flere ganger hver dag... ellers har det gått mye i fiskemat (fiskekaker, fiskepudding, fiskeboller) og pølser etter at vi flyttet "hjem" til Norge igjen. Det var noe jeg savnet da jeg bodde utenlands.
2. Når du er i selskap, er du den personen som sitter, eller hjelper du til?
Tjaaa... det kommer vel litt an på det da. Jeg pleier å hjelpe til hvis det passer sånn, men det er jo ikke alltid det er så greit å blande seg inn... kommer an på hva slags selskap.
3. Hvor sitter du helst når du blogger?
Da sitter jeg på roterommet/datarommet (og forhåpentligvis snart syrommet) i øveretasjen.
4. Kjøper du ofte skrapelodd?
Nei! Det tror jeg faktisk aldri jeg har kjøpt. Har jo fått noen i gave da... liker veldig godt å skrape dem og se om jeg vinner... jeg har forresten kanskje kjøpt skrapelodd av gevinsten et par ganger...
5.Hvilket land eller by har vært din beste ferie?
Syria! Uten tvil! Vi besøkte foreldrene mine, som bodde ett år i Damascus, i tre og en halv uke da eldstejenta var 5-6 måneder gammel (2003). Vi var der akkurat da krigen mellom USA og Irak brøt ut, så det var jo litt spesielt (Irak er nabolandet til Syria). Folkene i Syria var helt fantastiske... så gjestfrie og hyggelige. Tror ikke jeg har møtt noe folkeslag som jeg har likt så godt før. Det eneste jeg kan "klage på" var at nærmeste nabo var en moske... og høyttalerne som kalte til bønn flere ganger om dagen var rettet rett mot verandaen vår, men det var jo egentlig litt artig det og.
6. Hvilken TV kanal ser du mest på?
Øhhh... ser ikke på tv. Vi har faktisk ikke tv her i huset. Æres ord! Men jeg ser jo endel på film da. Vi har prosjektør, så det blir som å ha kino i stua (som Maja sier). Greit å ha biblioteket omtrent rett utenfor døra, for der er det gratis å låne dvd'er...