Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friday Sketchers #115

Well... that's it then... tomorrow school starts again, and I guess everything goes back to normal... It doesn't seem like I'm getting my job back after summer after all.... the school has hired another teacher that is more suitable... I guess beeing an arts and crafts teacher isn't really the best option for a primary school. Never mind, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Today I have been home all alone for the first time in.... forever! Hubby is at work, Maja is visiting a friend and wee Susie is in nursery. I kind of didn't really know what to do with my time.... too many choices... tidy the wardrobes, unpack the suitcase after being away for the weekend, hoover, empty the dishwasher.... and the list goes on... so I settled on making a card!
Maja and I had been playing around with my Spot's botz stamps (Stampendous) yesterday, so the image was ready to put on the card... it was just a case of finding the right papers.... The sketch I have used is from this weeks challenge at Friday Sketchers.
The 'bot is coloured with watercolour pencils. It's a while since I used them last and I had almost forgot how much fun it is colouring in with them. The green backing paper is made by stamping a few of the bits from the robotz stamp set with green ink repeatedly on a piece of green paper. I feel like there is something missing on the card.... don't really know what I can put on it to make it look a bit more finished... I tried with some buttons, but I didn't have the right colour and size...
Well.... thanks for looking anyway. Hope your day is goooood!

5 comments:

Maja said...

to mum.

I love this kard.
you are the best mum in the world.
hope you enjoyed making it!

from Maja.

Carole said...

What a fun card, thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Renate said...

Herlig stempel og nyyydelig fargelagt. Du er kjempeflink. Hadde antakelig aldri klart å fått noe ut av det trykket der selv.. *rødme*

Bare å si fra en dag om du har tid og lyst til å scrappe litt med meg. Holder åpent hus på kveldene for scrapping.

Klem Renate

Linda said...

Hei Tonje!
Gøyalt kort du har laget,flotte fargekombinasjoner.Ja,det er rart når det er stille i huset,men deilig inni mellom.
Får håpe det dukker opp en jobb til deg,lykke til.
Ha en fortsatt fin uke!

Amy said...

Great card Tonje, I love how you've colored him with the three colors, very cool looking! Your background paper is perfect, makes me think of computers and robots! Awesome work!