Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter holiday

Last week was winter holiday at Maja's school, so the girls and I spent the whole week at my parents house. The girls really enjoyed spending time with mormor and morfar (granny and granddad)... especially when mormor would read to them.

And I had plenty of time to finish my knitting....
New slippers for Susie...
Same slippers as Daddy's, just another colour.
They were a bit too slippery on the wooden floors though... so they weren't used that much... I'm now making another pair... for Maja, this time. These slippers were really easy and so much fun to knit that I might even have to make a pair for myself as soon as Maja's slippers are done...
Susie had her 2nd birthday while we were away on holiday. My mum made her a cake and I made the chocolate decorations... teamwork is always good...
I'm wondering where the time went though... How did this little poppet...
...become this little girl in just two years? (Susie insists that she is three though... and a baby...)

9 comments:

~♥~ Monica S said...

Ho er bra søt!! Gratulerer med overstått dag!!

Det er visst noke ein kan kjøpe å stryke(? trur eg) på ull-sokkar og tøfler.. som gjer dei anti-skli...
sikkert ikkje så dyrt heller..

Monica

Sonja said...

Takk for besøket.Det ble stille i huset når småtuppene forlot.
Jeg ler enda når jeg tenker på at Susie knurret til alle gjestene.
Savner dere allerede. Klem fra Mommom.

Tina Morton said...

Oh my goodness those slipper are so super super cute!!!! The cake look yummy! What flavor was it? My son is turning to end of March and MAN O MAN... I am excited to watch him grow but Miss the baby year sooo much!

Linda said...

Hei Tonje!Herlige dager på sørlandet ser jeg.Så stor Susie har blitt siden i sommer.Den kaka så skjønn ut,nam.Flotte tøfler.
Ha det fint.Hilsen Linda :))

annemariesquilt said...

Flott vinterferie dere har hatt!!
Kjempekoselig med mormor som leser for ungene...
Neste uke er det vår tur til å ha vinterferie. Det blir nok en tur på hytta.

Anonymous said...

Deilig med vinterferie hos besteforeldre - og godt med ekstra strikketid for mamma :)

Anonymous said...

hehe, ja sånn er det med barn....de forandres! Søt jente da, og fine tøfler har hun fått også:-D

Anonymous said...

åh disse var jo herlige med den farge kombinasjonen.
jg har laget noen slike til meg selv bare i svart.
takker for kommentar på bloggen.

Eileen said...

Your slippers are wonderful.. I still wear mine a lot.

And that little Susie! Brought tears to my eyes.. she is so precious!