I've made Maja another dress from an old shirt. I started this dress ages ago but it was put aside with only the hem left to do... hemming is my least favourite part of dressmaking... it's sooo boring, and I was struggling a bit to get it to look nice on that other dress I made back in... March?? Well... not really struggling... but... I just wanted it to look perfect... and it didn't.... So to get this dress done, I decided to skip the whole hemming thing and put some ruffles on instead. I don't know if it was any quicker, but it was more fun! And I think it turned out quite well.
Since I put ruffles at the bottom, I thought it would look nice with some at the top as well. I should have sewn the ruffles on when I made the top, but since I hadn't thought about ruffles at that point, the top edge was already done so the ruffles here are just sewn on the back (instead of inbetween the two layers of fabric). Looks ok.
The back of the dress has buttons down the middle. This used to be the shirt front, so it wasn't any hassle involved making button holes etc...
I still got the sleeves from this shirt, so I might make some matching trousers/leggings to go with it.
12 new toalett purses
2 hours ago