Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Small purses

A few days ago I used a couple of the squares of fabric I bought a wee while back to make a... triangle purse... pyramid purse.... don't know what to call it. I felt that it would be a bit small with just two of the fabric squares, so I added on some green and black fabric strips as well... and an orange ribbon as a wee strap. I also had a green zipper that matched the green in the stripy fabric (altough it doesn't really looke like it in the photo).
This little purse was really fun to sew. I'm not sure if I want to keep it myself or if I should put it in my etsy shop...

Of course, when my 5 year old saw me using the sewing machine, she wanted to join in as well. She found some scraps of fabric and asked me for a zipper, so she could make herself a wee purse for her coins. She sewed it all by herself, with me only supervising and giving her some hints and tips on how to do it. She even put in the zipper herself.

I think Maja's purse turned out gorgeous!! I was hoping she'd give it to me for my birthday in a couple of weeks... but no... She wants to keep it herself.

2 comments:

julieQ said...

How very cute! Great idea and very useful. I made some chickens sort of like your little purses. I love them!

annemariesquilt said...

Hei de trekant "veskene" ser kjempegøy ut å lage. Så dem på et annet nettsted også, men har glemt hvor. De skulle være 20x30 cm så jeg. Fine ting å sy innimellom sengeteppe jeg holder på med. Søt pung din datter har laget også....
Ha en flott uke!